CompanyYour partner for product development
Sauter Engineering + Design provides engineering services for the automobile industry, also for the rail, aerospace, medical, machine construction and consumer goods industries.
Our aim is to shorten the development time of new products in the engineering work-flow, using direct creation of virtual CAD models to connect the whole CAX process chain.
Sauter Engineering + Design delivers ’Class-A Quality’ styling and 3D design from conception to interpretation, simulation and drawings of the finished product. Project management, resident engineering, documentation and the building of 3D printed prototype parts is also included.
The Sauter group offers high end optical measuring services with its main focus on applications like industrial computer tomography (CT), 3D digitizing with the ATOS 3D scanner, optical 3D coordinate measurements with the high precise TRITOP system, deformation measurements and quality control with GOM aplications. This service is used for product development and for quality assurance, material and component testing. The range of measurement ranges from small components like clockwork parts to large objects such as aircraft.
The company is based in Gempen (Switzerland) near Basel and Nufringen (Germany) near Stuttgart.The locations are certified according to QMS ISO 9001 + 27001. Our testing laboratory is accredited according to SN EN ISO/IEC 17025.
As an experienced design and engineering service provider, we offer tailor-made products for our customers.
As a customer you will get a perfect product from idea to finished CAD model.
Stephan Sauter, CEO location Gempen
Markus Sauter, CEO location Nufringen
- 2023 accredited test laboratory according to the international SN EN ISO/IEC 17025 standard.
- 2022 Since September 2022, Sauter Engineering + Design has been officially Carl Zeiss GOM Metrology certified 3D measurement service provider.
- 2021 Expansion in the field of rapid prototyping in the DLP process (part creation up to 510x 280x 350mm in one part).
- 2020 Expansion in rapid prototyping with Stratasys Fortus 900 (Additive Manufacturing/ 3D Printing) + PostProcessing.
- 2020 Installation 2 new scanners from GOM (ATOS 5 and ATOS Q Blue Light Equalizer sensors 3D scanners).
- 2019 Company relocation of branch D to 71154 Nufringen, implemant ISO 27001:2013.
- 2019 Expansion in Rapid Prototyping with HP Multi Jet Fusion (Additive Manufacturing / 3D Printing).
- 2019 Enlarged equipment for Siemens NX CAD Infrastructure.
- 2018 Expansion in Rapid Prototyping in the FDM Process (Additive Manufacturing / 3D Printing).
- 2017 Expansion in Rapid Prototyping in the FDM Process (Additive Manufacturing / 3D Printing).
- 2017 Expansion of the CT service with a further CT system (measuring volume D310mm x H700mm).
- 2017 Expansion of the Company house for another CT scanning sysem.
- 2017 Extension ISO 9001: 2015
- 2016 Expansion of Siemens NX CAD Infrastructure.
- 2015 3D Printing service established.
- 2014 Industrial 3D Metrology 2xATOS, 1xTRITOP, 1xComputertomographie (CT).
- 2013 Expansion of Siemens NX CAD Infrastructure.
- 2012 Extension of the optical measurement technique with X-ray tomography system.
- 2011 The QMS-Systems ISO 9001:2008 were established. Total 12 CAD Engineers.
- 2010 Enlarged equipment for optical GOM 3D scann and coordinate measuring.
- 2009 The range of services established.
- 2008 The german Herrenberg office moved to Kappstrasse 64.
- 2007 The staff in Gempen was increased to meet the growing range of Catia services.
- 2006 The staff in Herrenberg was increased to meet the growing range of services.
- 2005 The staff in Gempen was increased to meet the growing range of services.
- 2004 A new range of CAD-services established.
- 2003 Enlarged office facilities in Herrenberg were established.
- 2002 The QMS-Systems ISO 9001:2000 were established.The new branch in Herrenberg (Germany) was opened with Markus Sauter as managing director.
- 2001 The office facilities in Gempen were enlarged.
- 2000 The staff was increased to meet the increased range of services.
QMS ISO 9001 + 27001 certifiedThe locations are certified according to QMS ISO 9001 + 27001. Our testing laboratory is accredited according to SN EN ISO/IEC 17025
You are looking for a development partner?
Do not hesitate to contact us.